Since i’m running Windows 8.1 and VMware Workstation 10.x I have a lot of issues with my Mouse on my 2nd screen. Some of the issues i had:
- Scrolling in windows is not possible (mouse jumps to a corner)
- Mouse out of sync in a VM
- Have to click multiple times for what is a normal 1 click (like selecting an icon)
I applied all the latest patches, even reïnstalleerd VMware Workstation but nothing seems to work.
The final solution i found was modifying the compatibility settings for the VMware.exe file. Go to the installation folder of VMware Workstation (normally: %programfiles%/vmware/vmware workstation/) and look for vmware.exe
Then follow these steps:
- right click vmware.exe
- choose properties
- Go to the 2nd tab (compatibility)
- Select: Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
- Hit Apply and Ok
Restart VMware Workstation and voila, you can use your mouse normally now!