I recently updated my Windows 10 workstation with the Fall update and after the update all seems to work fine. Except when I wanted to play some music on my system that is located on my NAS (freenas). It complained it couldnt find the file. After checking Windows Explorer (My Computer) and noticing the File Share was disconnected I tried checking the PING to the NAS. The system was up&running.
Logging in to the Freenas and checking the mount points but all showing OK and also all the disks where OK. Hmm… strange…
After searching I found that Microsoft for some reason disabled the AllowInsecureGuestAuth and also the Error message when trying to connect to the share showed me there was an Issue with the Guest account.
This is how I fixed the issue:
- Go to Start and run “Regedit“
- browse to the following key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters“
- Check if you find a DWORD value with the name “AllowInsecureGuestAuth”
- If it is not already on your system create a DWORD (32bit)
- Modify the value of “0” to “1”
- Close Regedit
No reboot required!
Try to reconnect the drives and they should appear on your system.